Monday, June 28, 2010

Man in the Mirror

Last night, I watched the BET Awards, and first off, it was much better than last year. 
Anyway, I was excited to see Chris Brown finally do a tribute to Michael Jackson, probably the only person on the planet, other than Janet, who could really do it justice. 
I watched him moonwalk and glide all over that stage, moving like Michael had temporarily taken over his body...then I watched the brother break down on stage.  Now, I wanted a performance, and I got that, I wanted a whole performance, I didn't get that...but I was actually quite pleased with what  I got...and under the circumstances I can completely understand the breakdown. 

I will never know what it feels like to be blackballed so badly that I see my dreams going up in smoke.  But I do know what it feels like to feel on top of the world one minute and in a sinkhole the next.  To see your life change, in a singular moment.  To feel like you have possibly sealed your fate, based on one simple decision or mistake.  I would imagine...all of those things feel generally the same...F&%$ed UP!

So you get the chance to make a comeback, what I think was indeed his comeback.  Chris Brown has made many mistakes, but I can say for certain, that he is still one HELL OF A performer and talent.  To make him pay for his mistakes by robbing him of his livelihood, I think is cruel and unusual punishment.  As a public, we have forgiven people for similar behaviors over and over again, mainly grown and mature adults.  But this young man, deserves another chance to be the big star he was destined to be...

Imagine in your life, recognizing your biggest dream...and then u make some huge mistake...for most of us, that would not necessarily mean watching your dream float away...but for someone in the public eye, scrutinized at every turn, that is their reality.  Is it any more fair because they are rich or famous...I don't think so...we are all human, we are all subject to make mistakes, and we should all be forgiven for our misdeeds...even if they are never forgotten.

"If u wanna make the world, a better place, take a look at yourself and make a change."


Song of the Day: Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment