Monday, June 21, 2010

Love Is Not Made in Words...

I don't profess to know all there is to know about love...
I am just 33 years old...I have had a few serious boyfriends, and I am currently married, but other than that, I am no expert on the subject.  However, one does not have to be an expert to be able to share her opinions.
And let me tell you, I can say with certainty that LOVE IS NOT MADE IN WORDS!

An Ethiopian Proverb says: Coffee and love taste best when hot.  And I would have to agree with those wise Ethiopians.  Love is an action and a reaction.  Love is an emotion and a passion.  Love is not about telling someone you love them, it is about showing them.  How lukewarm is it to hear "I love you" without a kiss or a hug or a touch.  It is a nice thing to hear, don't get me wrong.  But words, while powerful, when it comes to love, are never enough. 

Women often love with their whole beings...every limb, every blood cell, every sense is involved.  We can taste, touch, feel, see, and hear love...it is much like a symphony for our ears or the juicy pop of a blackberry upon our tongues.  While I a not a man, it seems, that men love in a mix of emotions and physicality...a desire for you physically teamed with a fragile need to feel needed and wanted by you.  No matter how you qualify it, love is a connection, that is only as strong as you make it.   When we come together to build a relationship, we must bring with us, all of that passion, that emotion, that intimacy, and through those, show the other person how much you care for them.  And when someone who loves you with action speaks his or her love to you, you don't just merely hear it, you feel it. 

I am reminded of something someone once told me:
"Men love to eat, they need to eat, they have to eat, but if a man loves you, and it is between you and the biggest, juiciest hamburger after he has not eaten for a week, he will always choose you."
...now that, that is love!

Song of the Day: Love is Not Made in Words by Deborah Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment