Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hard Knock Life

Instead of treated, we get tricked
Instead of kisses, we get kicked
It's a Hard Knock Life...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

You ever have a spell where you feel like you are being punished for something, but you cannot for your life figure out just what you could have done so heinous to be subjected such cruel and unusual punishment...
Well I am having one of those spells, and I can tell you in all honesty, while I have not always been a good girl, I have never been the devil's spawn, and that seems like the only reasonable cause for this series of events that I have called my life, over the past few months. 

Whatever the case, there is truly value in the valley.  Think of life as a series of ups and down...when you are up, you are on Cloud 9, all is well, life's blessings are abundant and you are happy and well.  When you are down, sometimes down deep and other times just grazing in the pasture...but whatever the case, things are not going your way.  The thing about it is, when you are down, you can only go up and there is a lesson that you can learn from whatever you are going through.  Whether it is a lesson in patience, determination, confidence, boundaries, limitation, or fear, whatever it may be...take the time to learn the lesson, to heed the lesson, and apply it to your life.  You will soon enough find yourself climbing back up, and you can peer over into the valley, see and recognize its beauty, but live happily at the top of the mountain.

In applying this to my own life, I am realizing that even though life may not be grand right now, it is still pretty wonderful...I have full use of all of my limbs, I am in my right mind, I am not sick, I have food, clothing, and shelter, I am able to learn and be taught, and I can usually find a few things to smile about on any given day.  So...being down, when you know what it feels like to be up,  acutally isn't so bad, but I cannot wait to get to the mountaintop! 


Song of the Day: Hard Knock Life-Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment